Wednesday 28 March 2018

A Spring Day!

Hi There,

My card today was inspired by a few challenges.

It really doesn't feel like Spring here in London but I hope this card makes it feel like Spring for you!


I have been wanting to join in the 'green' inspiration' challenge at Verve since I saw it. I love my Verve stamps and the photo really helped me finish off this card. I had the lay out that I used from the sketch at CAS Colour and Sketches but there just seemed to be something missing. The wood in the photo gave me the idea of using this twine. And once I added this, to me, it all came together!

The sentiment is New Beginnings from Verve and was stamped on this tag I cut from some card I had previously water coloured. The washi is actually a stamp from Uniko.

I have embossed the white card with linen but it is hard to see in the photo and there is a lot of dimension as the base card and tag are all popped up.

This is sat on my craft desk to remind me a few kind words eveyday to someone is like a Spring Day-so I send Happy Thoughts to you all and hope that makes it feel like Spring to you xx

I will also enter this into:

Uniko Challenge-using the green-who are celebrating their 6th Birthday-congrats!

        

13 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty, Sandie! Love that watercolored tag. So glad you could join us for our Diva Inspirations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love the fresh green which I KNOW will come again : )

    Happy Spring to you : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, Sandie! Great sentiment; love the tag! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it will feel like spring soon! Love the grungy tag and it looks so good with the stamped washi! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty in various shades of green. Cool washi stamp. Great sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully clean and simple spring card! Just fab. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko Challenge this month! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't those fabulous greens so fresh and spring like, Sandie ... and what a wonderful (and true!) sentiment ... wise words indeed! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ombre look on the tag and the qoute, Sandie! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Hope we can see you soon in our future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sentiment on the tag. That together with the ombre effect really pull the card together. Thank you for taking part in this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soft shades of green are really pretty and perfect for spring time. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sentiment and pretty green shades for a spring feel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Sandie, lovely take on the sketch and beautiful Spring greens too. Wonderful to see you using your 'old' Uniko stamps too! Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S and Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful and so true sentiment ! Gorgeous CAS card with this fabulous design and this pretty green shades. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete

//